Sunday 14 July 2013

London is the place to be: sing it with me

I love London and started these food tours because I wanted visitors to love it too. I love being able to share the history of the city. Particularly the history of the east end and how many different communities have been through the area. It gives the place character and the streets a brilliant mash-up of foods from all over the world.


My friend introduced me to this song yesterday. If these tours had a theme tune, this would be it. It’s a calypso track from the 50s. The guy is singing about how marvellous London is, coming to it from Trinidad. 

We Londoners can be a cynical bunch. We moan about the tubes and the weather and how busy and expensive it is. (I’m certainly guilty of that and London Grumblr is one of my favourite sites.) But take a listen to that song and tell me you don’t fall in love with the capital a little bit.  Go on.

By Charli

No comments:

Post a Comment